From WL-HDD Wiki
|What is the WL-HDD|
|Inserting the HDD|
|Basic setup guides|
- This guide will help you through the Firmware Upgrade Procedure. This applies to you if you are not yet running a version of Oleg's Firmware.
- If you are running an older version of Oleg's Firmware, I would also recommend un upgrade, otherwise, some of the features included in this guide may not work.
The latest version of oleg's firmware is WL-HDD-126.96.36.199
Chances are, you are probably running an Asus firmware such as the WL-HDD-188.8.131.52 firmware.
 Partitions and Filesystem
- This guide will help you create partitions on your WL-HDD.
- These partitions will be formatted to the ext3 filesystem and a Wikipedia:Swap_space partition will be created.
- After completing this guide, you will have somewhere to install packages to.
- This guide must be completed before the ipkg packages system can be installed.
This guide will help you to install the ipkg package system on your WL-HDD.
This will enable you to install all the necessary packages on your WL-HDD. To see a complete list of the current packages available, click here
- Before completing this guide, you need to have created a filesystem on your WL-HDD.
- The IPKG package system is needed before any packages can be installed (such as SSH, FTP and Samba)